Saturday, March 27, 2010
I just wanted to quickly jump in here to add my two cents worth to what has been a pretty hectic week here at Zibbet, and apparently an 'interesting' one at Etsy.I just wanted you guys to be able to get a bit of a philosophical feel for how Jonathan and I and our team like to run our organisation.I figure if people are going to have the opportunity to trust us, then it will require communication and getting to know one another a bit more.So in that vein I'd like to list a few of our beliefs and values concerning how we would like to see Zibbet move forward as it grows bigger.
1. I want to say very emphatically that here at Z we are not in the business of bagging other venues. Whether they are better or worse than Z, we are not here to cast a shadow on what they do. Especially in light of events this week, let me say we are not interested in tearing down Etsy. We have a lot of respect for Etsy and what they have achieved and there is lots that we can learn from them.
2. Our leadership of Zibbet will not always be perfect, because as humans, we are imperfect. However, we will always endeavour to give our very best effort for the marketplace we have created and those who choose to belong to it. We will make mistakes, but we will never stop trying not to.
3. We will always seek to maintain the highest level of communication with our members as possible. This is motivated by the genuine desire to make Zibbet the best selling venue it possibly can be for your sake. We will always try to be available to our sellers by answering questions, listening to concerns or ideas and generally just being available to personally contribute to peoples' needs. Even as we grow very big, Jonathan and I plan to stay heavily involved in communicating directly with as many sellers as we possibly can. We know this will stretch us, but we are committed to it.
4. Common courtesy is a passion of ours so this will continue to dictate our behaviors and the way in which we interact with you. We believe if someone asks a question they deserve an answer. If we make a mistake, we will own it and apologise. We aim to treat every person with respect. We know we will probably not be able to please everyone, but we will not engage in the practice of 'simply writing people off' because they are upset about something.
All of this may sound lofty or overly romantic and nostalgic, but it is the truthful reality of our desire going forward.
Please feel free to quote or copy and paste these comments in any of your communication with others. If we work together, we can build one of the greatest online selling venues of all time.
A few thoughts from me, for what it's worth.
- Dainte Designs
- Sonoma, CA, United States
- Thank you for visiting! My name is Jennifer K. O'Hara. I have the rare disease of IH, Intercrainal Hypertention, which casues me to go blind. I became ill almost 4 years ago on my honeymoon. You can read more about my story at www.jennohara.com. I am a gal who has always worked hard & enjoyed working. Since I am unable to work now, I have come up with the online homemade web page & the goal to make a living through my creativity. I want to sell things to you to make you & those you gift to happy. Because I don't have my sight most of the time, it is taking me a little longer than I would like to get my items completed and listed. I am happy to report that I have many items listed at this time. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be notified with updates. I really appreciate you visiting us here & I hope you come back again. Just remember that no matter what; you can do anything. Life is meant to be lived & I am going to live it! I wish you the very best! Keep on smiling it really helps! Enjoy THIS moment - for it is really all we have.